česky | English

ANTONiN DVOrak museum


Antonin Dvorak Museum
villa "America"
address: Ke Karlovu 20, 120 00 Prague 2

opening hours:

April - September: Tu, We, Fr, Sa, Su: 10am - 1.30pm, 2pm - 5pm
Th 11am - 3.30pm, 4pm - 7pm

October - March: daily except Mondays: 10am - 1.30pm, 2pm - 5pm

phone: 224 923 363  l  e-mail: a.dvorak.museum@nm.cz  l  www  

The Antonin Dvorak Museum in Prague is part of the Czech Museum of Music and since 1932 it has been housed in a Baroque villa designed by K. I. Dietzenhofer. Its permanent exhibition centres on Dvorak’s life and work, the museum also organises discussions and concerts, and visitors may also purchase Dvorak CDs. The museum contains a unique collection of the maestro’s autograph scores, representing almost eighty percent of the composer’s surviving manuscripts. 

► panoramic view of the museum



Antonin dvorak memorial in VYSOKa

Antonin Dvorak Memorial at Vysoka u Pribrami
p. Rozmital pod Tremsinem 262 42

opening hours:

January, February, March, November, December:
10am - 3pm (daily except Mondays)

April, May, June, September, October:
10am - 4pm (daily except Mondays)

July, August:
10am - 5pm (daily except Mondays)

phone: 318 618 115
e-mail: pamatnik@antonindvorak.cz | www

This memorial is located in the former chateau (mansion) which Count Vaclav Kounic, Dvorak’s brother-in-law, presented as a wedding gift to his wife Josefina, nee Cermakova. It was built in 1878 in the Neo-Renaissance style, and designed by architect Cenek Gregor. It opened as a memorial during the 1960s, in 1990 the building and grounds were closed for extensive reconstruction, and in May 1994 it was again made accessible to the public. The new permanent exhibition provides a testimony of the composer’s life and work, and of his time in Vysoka. Completely newly designed and curated, the memorial focuses on the significance of the site and surrounding countryside for Dvorak’s work and inspiration. The auditorium (music lounge) offers an opportunity for visitors to listen to more than eighty recordings of Dvorak’s works. The venue also organises short-term exhibitions, concerts and lectures, and visitors may purchase CDs, various publications etc. Situated 400m from the memorial is Rusalka’s Lake, where Dvorak drew inspiration for his most famous opera. 



birthPLACE in nelahozeves


Birthplace of Antonin Dvorak
address: Nelahozeves 12, 277 51

opening hours:

Saturdays: 16:00 - 16:30

Visits of Dvořák’s Birth House
are currently available only with a guided tour.
Meeting point with guides is at Nelahozeves Castle's ticket office.

    phone: +420 724 557 617 | e-mail: nelahozeves.info@lobkowicz.cz | www

Permanent exhibition on the composer’s life and work focusing in particular on his childhood spent in Nelahozeves. The memorial was opened to the public in 1951. The current permanent exhibition designed by Karel Mikysa in 1971 was modernised in 1991 to mark the 150th anniversary of Dvorak’s birth. The memorial’s second building (a former shop) was reconstructed in 1997 and now resembles the house as it would have looked during the composer’s lifetime. While very few authentic articles from Dvorak’s childhood have survived, the sense of the environment which influenced Dvorak all his life is still very tangible. The handsome Baroque house was returned operationally to the Lobkowicz family in May 2019 after years of being operated by the National Museum. The plans are to bring the house back to life with a new museum about the composer. The project will involve experts in museum design and the life & times of Antonín Dvořák.



memorial in ZLONICe


Antonin Dvorak Memorial in Zlonice

Zlonice, Komenskeho 20, 273 71

opening hours:

Tuesday: 2pm - 4:30pm
Thursday: 9am - 11:30am
(or by prior arrangement)

phone: 773 949 156 (-157) | www | e-mail: padzlonice@email.cz

The Antonin Dvorak Memorial in Zlonice was constructed in 1954 and is part of the former infirmary. The adjacent building (known as the “varhanikovna”, or organist’s house) – where Antonin Liehmann lived with his family and where Dvorak acquired his basic music instruction – was reverently restored and opened to the public in 1984. 



memorial at sychrov castle


Sychrov Castle
463 44 Sychrov

opening hours:

January - March: 10am - 2pm
April: 9am - 3:30pm
May - August: 9am - 4:30pm
September - October: 10am - 3:30pm
November - December: 10am - 2pm

phone: 482 416 011  l  e-mail: info@zamek-sychrov.cz  l  www

Originally Baroque, this castle was reconstructed in the Neo-Gothic style during the 19th century. During the confiscations which took place after the Second World War, it became property of the state and was opened to the public in 1950. Extensive reconstruction work has been in progress since the beginning of the 1990s. The extended tour of the castle now includes the Antonin Dvorak Memorial where, aided by modern lighting and technology, the exhibition informs visitors of the composer’s associations with Sychrov and with its former sponsoring commissioner Alois Gobl.

Notice: Antonin Dvorak Memorial is currently closed for renovation.



antonin dvorak exhibit in SPILLVILLE 

 Bily Clocks Museum
address: Spillville, Iowa 52168, USA

opening hours:

May - October: daily 9 AM - 5 PM, Sundays 12 PM - 4 PM
April and November: Saturday 10 AM - 4 PM, Sunday 12 PM - 4 PM
December - March: closed

  phone: 1-563-562-3569  l  e-mail: bilyclocks@bilyclocks.org  l  www

The Dvorak Exhibit is located on the second floor of the clock museum founded in Spillville by the Bily brothers. The exhibits housed here recall Dvorak’s stay in the town in the summer of 1893; these include Dvorak’s manuscripts and the harmonium he played on during his time here.